Safety, Form and Technique
Detailed analysis of safety, form and technique of each exercise in the Ephesians 6 routine including breathing patterns and posture. In Silver Certification you will be guided through layer 1 and special modifications of each exercise online through real time web technologies and by DVD. At the retreat during Gold certification you will refine your expertise as you demonstrate and practice all layers of the exercises and learn how to adjust the WholyFit routines for your specific class needs. You will also learn how to utilize WholyFit routines to create hybrid routines of your own if you choose.
Proprioception: In WholyFit body intelligence is developed in three layers.
Perform and teach layer 1: the stability layer of all exercises with photocoaching online. Stability (integrity of muscular balance and equilibrium) is the entry level phase to learning to practice WholyFit technique. You will also learn modifications of the stability level for special populations like fragility, pre-post natal, fear of falling (WholyFit Sit). The stability layer is the gatekeeper for the strength layer.
Perform and teach layer 2: Once the stability layer is mastered, the strength layer of the exercises is the next step to progression in your practice and is taught in person through hands on training. The strength layer is the gatekeeper for the flexibility layer.
Demonstrate and teach form, safety and technique of layers 1-3 of all exercises as described above. Use WholyFit’s original multi-level teaching system to flawlessly lead all fitness levels at once in one group setting or use select exercises for one on one personal training. Develop sensitivity to beginners and special population participants. Proficiently modify each exercise to suit every participant’s needs and administrate proper pre-screening of participants.
Inspiring and evocative WholyFit Teacher’s Manuals 101 & 102 explains unique WholyFit specific technique, history and Christian mind-body fitness principals behind its practice. Anatomy 101 & 102 is WholyFit-specific biomechanics behind the purpose, benefits and muscles used in each exercise. Study of anatomy is essential to performing and teaching the postures correctly. Fitness Theory and Practice Manual will equip you to teach any kind of fitness class and contribute to your preparation for the highly recommended AFAA group exercise certification, should you choose to pursue it.
Ethics of a Biblical Lifestyle
WholyFit is primarily a discipleship organization at heart. What good is it if we have fit bodies and dead spirits? Our first priority is to draw people to Christ because that is HIS first priority. WholyFit provides instructors with many discipleship tools like: Biblical Meditation Guide, Yoga Versus the Bible. At retreats the Word of God is taught and Directors individually shepherd WholyFit instructors, coming alongside all along the way. Online prayer meetings and continual online training with Laura is available to instructors.
WholyFit’s beautiful source of stress management comes from the Word of God, the love of Jesus Christ and our surrender to the Holy Spirit. Each WholyFit exercise is a posture of worship, much like worship dance. Each routine is based on a Scripture Script: because Scripture verse memorization is Biblical meditation and produces healing for body, mind and emotions. In actual experience, God’s Word heals disease, addiction and depression. Learn how to incorporate the Scriptures into every Warm-up cycle of your class. Transform your exercise session into a fun outreach to the community; care groups where ANYONE can come get prayer, be supported and find true friends, including the truest Friend of all, Christ Jesus, the Lover of Your Soul. WholyFit Certification is more than just fitness training, it’s fitness for the whole you.
We offer friendship and community support for each instructor’s ministry as well as national exposure. Even after certification, support continues as you have access to ongoing inspiration, and contact with other WholyFit teachers nationwide who have made their classes more than just exercise: it’s Devotional Exercise.
Starting a WholyFit Program at your church
We will guide you in the rollout of your class from start to finish, including helping you with ideas on how to present to your church leaders, provide all your marketing materials, and class printing needs including releases. We will direct you in how to satisfy your liability insurance needs. Benefit from our decades of experience in rolling out fitness programs! We will let you in on the secrets: what has proven to work for us in building popular, well-attended classes, utilizing statistics and up to date marketing for the best results. For example, share with other instructors on the WholyFit Instructor Facebook. Advertise your classes on WholyFit Devotional Exercise Facebook or WholyFit Christian Fitness Facebook.
Your own personal director will coach you on how to administrate your ministry through business skills including promotion, rollout, administration and maintenance of your classes. Skillfully navigate the web technologies on the WholyFit website where you can get all your marketing materials, new routines, class supplies, chat with other instructors, post articles, keep up with team happenings and get support.
“WholyFit was part of the healing I received from the Lord supernaturally after the elders of my church prayed for me to be healed. I am now perfectly healed and healthy, but more than that- God has healed me spirit, soul and body.” – Laura Monica
In addition to physical benefits, the Scripture memorization (meditation) during the worshipful WholyFit movements renews the mind and manages stress. God’s Word is the best stress management there is.
The Armor Eph. 6 DVD is multi-level and interactive. The instructions tell how to modifiy the DVD for anyone for any particular situation. It contains beginner to very very advanced movements but you choose the exercises and make up your own workout. This DVD takes some planning and is athletic because it is based on Eph. 6, putting on the armor of God and doing spiritual warfare.
For a “plug and play” experience, we suggest the “WholyFit Basics” DVD. It is based on Galatians, the Fruit of the Spirit, and Romans, presenting our bodies a living sacrifice.
The SlowFlo DVD is a Christian Alternative to Tai Chi which is proven to be healthful for chronic illness issues.
In addition, WholyFit Instructor, Claire Lindsay has a chair workout DVD available specifically made for MS sufferes, called OliveFit. Click here for more.
Though we appreciate all the interest, WholyFit DVDs are intended solely for personal home use, not for group classes. Most people don’t realize that using a DVD for a group showing without the written authorization from WholyFit, is actually a trademark/copyright infringement (Not our idea, this comes from the FBI. See below). More importantly however, we at WholyFit are most concerned about your safety and comfort. Group classes should always be lead by a trained, experienced WholyFit certified instructor for the safety of class participants and to avoid undue liability risks. Exodus 20:15
1. FBI warnings of copyright infringement laws on WholyFit DVDs prohibit group exhibition whether for profit or not
2. Only WholyFit Certified teachers are authorized to lead WholyFit classes because WholyFit is an original system with specific techniques that can only be learned through becoming certified. Our certification is different from any other certification and only WholyFit certification is specific to teaching WholyFit.
IT’S SO EASY TO GET CERTIFIED
When lead by a certified instructor, WholyFit can be offered through live teaching in any intensity – from very gentle, to chair classes, classes for seniors, pregnancy, etc. The possibilities are endless.
It is so easy to be certified to teach a WholyFit class. We come to you! Our online certification program is called “Silver Certification”. You can start teaching as soon as you finish Silver which is offered COMPLETELY ONLINE from your home. We can see/hear you, you can see/hear us and you can see/hear your classmates. It takes 14 weeks.
WholyFit or Yoga?
WholyFit exists to provide an Alternative to Yoga. Join us. “WholyFit is the best original exercise system of any kind, that I’ve ever done!” -Laura. WholyFit is not called, “Yoga” and is not referred to as “Christian Yoga,” but instead, WholyFit is a powerful Alternative to Yoga. WholyFit Devotional Exercise is efficient in building a high level fitness while offering Biblical stress management and Scripture meditation.
- We do not judge anyone who does Yoga, nor do we condemn anyone who practices Christian Yoga. We welcome yogis and yoginis into our classes however we want to be clear that we do not call our classes “yoga.” Although we welcome people from the yoga culture into our classes, we ourselves do not choose to participate in “Yoga”, nor do we participate in “Christian Yoga.” This is not a judgement. It is a choice. WholyFit instructors avoid being involved in any type of yoga in order to avoid misunderstandings that might lead others into classical yoga. The WholyFit team prefers not to promote their exercise classes through yoga-type marketing in order to make it clear that we do not promote yoga philosophies. It is commonly understood that a Yogic lifestyle, by definition, includes everything inherent to “Yoga” including non-Biblical doctrines like reincarnation, transcendental meditation, “Ohm” gesture, Samahdi, Kuhndalini, etc… Therefore WholyFit instructors are not at all affiliated with the yoga culture. The WholyFit fellowship of instructors agree that we do not call our classes “yoga” or “Christian Yoga” because we want to make it clear that we do not promote/condone classical Yoga philosophies. In order to avoid misunderstandings of this nature, WholyFit is not associated with Christian yoga or classical yoga. In addition, we strongly believe that “yoga” is not appropriate in the church environment because it sends the wrong message. At the same time, we want to send the right message: Jesus loves you, He died for you and you are very welcome to come to our classes, no matter who you are or what you believe.
- WholyFit promotes a Biblically Christian Worldview.
- WholyFit is a fitness class. WholyFit is based on ACSM safety guidelines for group exercise & fitness. Conversely, Yoga originated in Yoga tradition. See article on “Injuries from Yoga.” See “WholyFit Body & Soul“.
- WholyFit routines contains exercises that have been engineered from proper biomechanics of movement, corrective exercise, anatomy, kinesiology, and exercise physiology. WholyFit routines lend consistency to WholyFit programs. This brand consistency means you always know what you’ll get no matter if a class is in Mexico or Los Angeles. Routines are correctly sequenced for best results.
- WholyFit Alternative to yoga can be taught in the church and professional fitness environments as well as used for personal training. We encourage our instructors to teach WholyFit with the Scripture meditation in the church environment and without Scripture in health clubs, hospitals, schools, recreation departments, etc.
- WholyFit brings the community into the church for fun, fitness and fellowship. The local church is where Jesus is – a place of service to the surrounding community where Jesus heals people in body, soul and spirit.
- Yoga Alliance exists to promote the classical practice of yoga as handed down by Yogic teaching and traditions. We do not believe in the same ideals that Yoga Alliance is committed to promote. The YA requires the practice of a Yogic Lifestyle which is in direct conflict with the Biblical Christian Lifestyle. As Christians, we choose not to participate. This is the reason WholyFit offers excellent mind-body training without Yoga philosophies. Instead of “Ethics of a Yogic Lifestyle” required by YA, we offer “Ethics of a Biblical Lifestyle” in WholyFit certification.
- You do not need to be YA registered to teach mind-body exercise. We have found in actual experience that any venue will hire you if you are good. PERIOD. If you bring in members to a health club by your excellent professionalism, you will be highly marketable and sought after by employers. PERIOD. WholyFit training will give you all the tools you need to compete in the fitness industry. Become a really good fitness instructor with high level knowledge, skills and professional confidence through WholyFit certification and training.
- It is against the law for any employer to discriminate against you based on your religion * “I told the YMCA that registering with the Yoga Alliance was against my religion. I showed them my portfolio of training and experience, gave them a demo class and they hired me on the spot without Yoga alliance registration.” – Laura WholyFit Alternative to Yoga certification is equivalent to or exceeds Yoga Alliance registered Yoga trainings.
No. Only WholyFit certification offers WholyFit technique secrets, formatting and choreography. Let us save you years of trial and error. Get the benefit of our 3 decades of experience by getting certified through WholyFit.